Publishing an unformatted book is like drinking clean water in a dirty cup. Gross, right?! Being an author is not just about writing books because you can. It is about giving your readers an experience they wouldn’t forget in a hurry. As an author, it is your duty to make sure reading your book is an enjoyable experience, which is why I will share Bookney’s formatting guide for book publishing with you.
At the end of this article, you might want to check out how to publish your books on Bookney.
- The first thing you need to know about publishing on Bookney is, your book must have valuable content. It should be able to solve the problem of those who you wrote the book for (your target audience). Don’t fill your book with fluff because you want to have a voluminous book. Always think quality over quantity.
- The body text must be Times New Roman, font size 14-16 and the spacing should be at your discretion but preferably between 1.15–1.5
- Chapter titles and subtitles should be bigger than the body text. So if your body text is 14, your chapter titles and subtitles should be more than 14. N:B- It is always better to have your subtitle font size to be bigger than the body text but smaller than the chapter title.
- You must give the first chapter of your book (paid book) along with the preliminary pages for FREE. This free part of your book will be uploaded under preview, which will allow readers to have a feel of your book so they can be motivated to buy. This preview should be in PDF and without any watermarks.
- Your book (complete book) must be published in PDF only and WITHOUT any watermarks.
- Do NOT upload the mockup of your book. What you should upload is the front of your book cover design.
With this information at your fingertips, formatting your books and publishing on Bookney should be a walk in the park. However, if you encounter difficulties or are too busy to do your formatting yourself, send an email to email@example.com with the subject MANUSCRIPT FORMATTING and we will get it done for you for a token.
PS: Please note that if you (author) upload your book wrongly and any reader pays for it and finds out they cannot open the book or read it clearly because of wrong formatting or upload, Bookney will have no choice but to refund the reader’s money. This ultimately means that we will remove the book in question from our library and that download will NOT count as part of the author’s royalty for that month since we refunded the money to the reader.
For further enquiry on book publishing or formatting, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so excited for you and we can’t wait to see your books in our library. Check out our next article on HOW TO SET UP YOUR BOOKNEY AUTHOR PROFILE FOR ROYALTY PAYMENT.