According to Paul Van Der Merwe, “Money makes the world go round…”
It is no secret that one of the major challenges many authors have is making money from their books. There is nothing as sad as painstakingly working hard on a book that solves the problem of your target audience, yet nobody is buying.
Bookney’s founders are seasoned authors who have mastered the art of writing books and making a killing from them. And we have decided to use our expertise to help other authors make money from their books. Click here to find out how.
We would like to assume your books are selling like hotcakes on Bookney, and it’s the end of the month when you get rewarded for all your hard work. We have outlined a few steps to help you get royalties in record time.
- Log in to your Bookney author console using author.bookney.net/#
- Click on profile, fill in the following: phone number, account name, account number, name of the bank and click on save changes. Please note that you won’t be able to see the details you just filled but they will be automatically recorded in Bookney’s admin backend so you must be extra careful when filling in these details. Double-check your numbers before you submit.
- You can monitor your book downloads and earnings when you click on earnings/statistics. Therefore, it is important you talk about your books and get people to pay for them so you can make money.
- At the end of the month following the Gregorian calendar, you (authors) can request for their royalty, which is 80% per book sale (e.g. a book priced at $10 will fetch the author $8 per book. So if the author sells 200 units, it means he/she has made a total of $1,600). Authors must request their royalties by clicking on withdrawals. Please note that authors can only request for their royalty at the end of the month following the Gregorian calendar. If the withdrawal request is made on any other day, it will not be attended to.
- When an author clicks on withdrawals, it automatically sends a message to Bookney’s admins that an author has requested payment. Authors can also see the number of downloads per book and the cost of the book, and crosscheck it with their earnings/statistics, especially where there was a change in the price of the author’s books.
- Once the request is made successfully, authors will be paid their royalties to the local bank account details provided within 7 working days. Failure to request funds at the end of the month will mean the author has to wait until the end of the following month to get their entire royalty. Authors should also know that they pay for the transfer charges from Bookney to their local bank accounts (Read T&C). Authors resident outside Nigeria should email [email protected] with the subject Author Royalty and Bookney will make the payment.
Authors whose books are free should note they are not entitled to any royalty. Bookney wants the best for her authors which is why we give royalty percentage higher than what other platforms offer, we give authors the liberty to price their books as high as they want without decreasing their royalty percentage, and finally, we pay authors their royalties every month unlike all the other platforms out there.
Why not get started with publishing on Bookney today?
Click here to find out how you can also enjoy amazing books by other Bookney authors.