There is no greater satisfaction than building a legacy that outlives you. When you are long gone from this world, what would you be remembered for? Do you have something people can see and appreciate you for, even when you are not there? That’s the amazing thing about building a legacy because it preserves your name in the sands of time and writing a book is the best way to leave a legacy. In this article, I will show you how to publish your books on Bookney.
Bookney is a digital book publishing and reading platform aimed at providing authors safety and sales for their eBooks, as well as provide readers with a plethora of books for their reading pleasure.
Publishing on Bookney is an amazing way to get your books seen by a global audience as well as get your royalties in record time. It is straightforward to do, and I will guide you with the following steps.
- Go to your browser and type author.bookney.net/#
- Click Sign up and fill in your correct details on internet. Do not use pseudo names or nicknames and tick that you have read the agreement (which you should read, by the way). Click here to read Bookney’s Terms & Conditions
- Once your details have been filled, you will be led straight to your dashboard. Because you want to upload your book, you should click on upload.
- Fill in the following details correctly: book title, author name, amount of book (if your book is free, write 0 as the amount), year of publication, number of pages, free or paid (click on the drop-down arrow and choose if your book is free or paid). Please note you cannot change the price of your book as often as you would want. There are guidelines to this and you can read them in the terms and conditions.
- Add your book cover. Please note that your book cover design is NOT the same as a mockup, which is a 3D representation of your book as seen in the pictures below.
- Write your book’s description/synopsis. You should take your synopsis seriously because this is the sales pitch for your book. It is the chance you have to convince readers that they need to read your book. For nonfiction books, your synopsis should contain who your book is for, what they will learn in the book, how it will benefit them, and a call to action. The ‘about book’ content of your book can be used for this. For fiction books, keep your synopsis short and punchy, refer to the genre and major theme, create intrigue around the major conflict, introduce your protagonist, make reference to your book writing or professional status if it relates to your book, do not give away spoilers or compare yourself to other writers or your book to other books.
- Choose your book’s category and subcategory, and add your book preview in PDF (which comprises the preliminary pages of your book and chapter one).
- Upload your full manuscript in PDF and click on submit. Click here to read about Bookney’s formatting guide for publishing.
PS: Please note that if you (author) upload your book wrongly and any reader pays for it and finds out they cannot open the book or read it clearly because of wrong formatting or upload, Bookney will have no choice but to refund the reader’s money. This ultimately means that we will remove the book in question from our library and that download will NOT count as part of the author’s royalty for that month, since we refunded the money to the reader.
For further enquiry on book publishing or formatting, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you get a message that says your book has been successfully uploaded, click on my books to see if your book has been uploaded. You can further click on view details to edit or delete it. It is also advisable that you go to Bookney app and see how your book is on the app. You can put the amount to be 0 Naira so you can preview the complete book, and once you are satisfied it meets Bookney’s publishing requirements, you can go back to your Bookney author account and edit the amount to what you want.
Read our next post on HOW TO SET UP YOUR BOOKNEY AUTHOR PROFILE FOR ROYALTY PAYMENT.